Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - deck fuel fill o-ring

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 19 Apr 2024 00:17

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: deck fuel fill o-ring
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014 09:03 
Skipper

Does anyone know off hand the size of the o-ring for the diesel fill deck fitting?

Thanks

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: deck fuel fill o-ring
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014 13:41 
Skipper

Don't know the size, but just bought replacement o-rings in a two-pack from West Marine off the shelf.

St. Helens, OR
Betty Lou's Blog

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2014 05:46 
Skipper

O-Ring F/ 528DP899A, 1-1/2"

Replace when cracked, it's the quickest way to mess up your fuel tanks. Mine were missing when I bought the boat and I got the dreaded algae bloom.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2014 08:45 
Skipper

You can get them from Sears?

http://www.sears.com/perko-inc-o-ring-o ... 866691814P

Not sure how to take that.

Subservient to no man except SWMBO
Any day without dock lines is a GOOD day!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2015 09:49 
Skipper

Replaced my broken hose inlet for holding tank flush out and ended up pulling the waste deck fill also to fix one of the only areas on deck that is soft under foot. Removed a bunch of balsa and replaced with epoxy and redrilled with hole saw. Surprised Tartan hadn't done epoxy originally and makes me wonder about other areas? Anyway, gave up on getting the top off the deck fill after PB Blaster, hammer wacks, heat gun, and sitting in vinegar for a week. Replaced with new deck fill for waste and got me looking at the others to avoid similar problems. Never opened water fills as I have always filled from ports directly on tanks inside cabin. Got both caps off and orings looked shot. I ordered Perko 0513DP8 on line as it seemed to match up with the numbers from this post when google searching although the links and info here don't get you directly to anything that I could find. These are definitely slightly too small in inside diameter and also a good bit smaller in oring width. My ports seem to be original on my 1980 Hull # 280. Anyways, I took the orings to quite a few auto parts stores and hardware stores. A bit of a goose chase, but finally found what I think is a match. When I did put them in the ports, they didn't quite fill up the space, but they were the right inside diameter. Not 100% that they are a perfect match and may go to some other auto parts stores for a slightly "fatter" oring. Another strange thing is I checked the diesel fill and the oring was still good, but it is slightly smaller in inside diameter than the water fills although oring width looks the same (i tested using all the different orings to be sure and definitely different oring groove inside diameter of deck fill. not just different sized oring used). Looks to be same fill manufacturer as others. I lubed the orings, and fill threads, cleaned the grooves, and put it all back together, but some mystery remains. I'd like to have spares around and them actually all be the exact right parts. Anyone else experienced this and found the answers/solutions? Should have taken pictures. Can do that next weekend if needed.

Profile Email