Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Westerbeke praise...

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 18 Apr 2024 15:25

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Westerbeke praise...
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2011 01:37 
Skipper

Just need to shout to the mountain tops. Year 30 for the W50 and when we commissioned last month, my sister was at the starter button for the first crank. She turned it over for a few seconds and it didn't start. She repeated for 5-10 seconds... no luck. Without a thought I told her to push the fuel cut off down, and sure enough, someone had nudged it most of the way up by accident. The W50 is so reliable that I couldn't conceive of her not firing up on the first crank after a Winter on the cradle. It had to be operator error.

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Westerbeke praise...
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012 12:14 
Midshipman

Mine is like that also. In Michigan, we haul her out from early Oct to early May. In the spring, it cranks about 2 revolutions and starts. I too, cannot imagine her not starting. I will say that that a few years ago when we had very cold temps in mid-Oct that she was a little slower to fire. Can't remember but I might have held the glow plug button in a little longer once I realized that she wasn't firing up right off the bat. That was the only time though and the battery might have been weak.

Mark

Celtic Lady, Hull #315
Muskegon, MI

Profile Email