Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Diesel Mechanic Recommendation - Baltimore/Annapolis

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 19 Apr 2024 12:47

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diesel Mechanic Recommendation - Baltimore/Annapolis
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010 14:13 
Skipper

Well I've really gone and done it now! We pulled the red beast from the boat and brought it home, a Westerbeke 50 that is, for what I hope is just a mini rebuild.

I would like to do as much of the work as I can, not just for $$ savings, but also for the learning experience. That said, I know there are going to be some things that are best left to an experienced mechanic.

I would like to hear your recommendations for a mechanic in the Baltimore/Annapolis area? I can bring the engine to them. Bonus would be if they wouldn't mind me looking over their shoulder.

In addition, I would appreciate any recommendations for part suppliers, either local or on-line. Locally, I have found Cobe Marine in Pasadena competitive and pretty good at getting things. I have used Torrensens, good but pricey. I've also purchased from gotomarine.com and been pleased with their prices and customer service.

Lastly, I have a couple of books on Marine Diesel Repair, but what do you like?

Thanks

Hull #358 "Windgeist"
Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Diesel Mechanic Recommendation - Baltimore/Annapolis
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2012 16:52 
Skipper

Hi Chef, I have heard many good reports about Trans Atlantic Diesel, they are a bit south of Annapolis. Probably cost a lot extra to look over their shoulder !! Bruce.

Hull #6

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Diesel Mechanic Recommendation - Baltimore/Annapolis
PostPosted: 14 May 2012 02:06 
Skipper

pintohenry wrote:
Hi there, I am new in New York and I had my own car that creates too much noise and I am here badly needs diesel mechanic to repair it. Please recommend me experienced and professional diesel mechanic.

diesel mechanic

If anyone sees these goofy posts, please hit the "report" button. (!) It's a spambot that searches for mentions of engines and automatically signs up for the forum and posts links to some mechanic. (I changed the address in the quote) Like that's going to bring them hordes of new business. Rolling Eyes

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email