Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Diesel Dual filter system

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 24 Apr 2024 23:09

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diesel Dual filter system
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 08:34 
Skipper

Has anyone built their own dual filter system so that they can quickly switch filters? I am considering installing one but think the commercial systems are just overpriced. Surely with some standard brass fittings and gauges this should be easy. Very Happy

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Diesel Dual filter system
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2009 08:36 
Navigator

I agree with you that the racor dual filters are overpriced. When I bought my boat, about three years ago, I was fortunate enough to see several of these on ebay. They were factory overhauled and appeared new. There wasnt even an odor of diesel and the mounting bracket had no bolt marks. I think I paid about $500. Its really a nice setup. I also installed a 12vdc parker haniffen vibrator style fuel pump downstream of the filters. Napa has them. Mounted in series with the fuel supply to mechanical pump, downstream of the filters. When I change the engine fuel filter I dont have to hassle with bleeding by starter, I just pressurize the system. Keep looking one will turn up. If you want I still have the old Wix canister style filter I could ups to you for ship charge. Carl

Profile Email