Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - radiator flush

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 17 Apr 2024 23:59

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: radiator flush
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2009 07:58 
Rail Meat

need to change antifreeze. Does anyone know where the water drain plug is on the block? Don't see it in the parts manual and not immediately obvious on engine.

Also when changing transmission fluid, do you suck the old stuff out of the dipstick hole? Anyone know the oil capacity of the transmission.?

Thanks

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: radiator flush
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009 10:42 
Skipper

I never found a drain plug on my W50 block for the coolant. I just took off the lower hose in the fresh water pump as I think this is the lowest point on the block. You are going to have to figure out a way to empty the coolant from the tubing that goes through your water heater if you want a complete change of coolant. I just put compressed air through the top hose and forced it out the lower hose. I used the pan to collect the stuff and then pumped it into containers.

My Hurth transmission had a drain plug on the bottom which is the same size as the dipstick and fill on the top. You can reach it from the front of the engine--long reach back. I learned to just drain it into the pan on a diesel diaper as there is only 450ml of the stuff in there and there is not enough room to put anything to catch it under there. Do NOT over fill the transmission (Uses Dexcron) or, like me you will be taking it out and replacing all the seals. It does not like to be overfilled at the stuff is devilishly difficult to see on the dipstick.

Profile Email