Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Pressure switches

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 14:27

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pressure switches
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2008 15:31 
Midshipman

Westerbeke has an error in the updated Westerbeke 50 parts manual for the oil pressure switch. If you order the part listed you will get a fuel pressure switch and not the oil pressure switch. They are NOT the same. The error is that both parts are listed as a 37323. The 37323 is the fuel pressure switch. If you need an oil pressure switch insist on a 11552. This is listed as a switch, oil pressure auxilliary.

You can check this yourseld with good switches and an Ohm meter.

The fuel pressure switch is "normally open". Once the iinjuctor pump produces pressure, the switch closes and activates the electrical system. Without a working switch you will not have instruments or alternator.

The oil pressure switch is "normally closed". Once the engine develops oil pressure, the switch opens and deactivates the oil pressure warning buzzer. If the switch doesn't work properly you may not get a warning or low pressure. However the most common failure of this switch is leaking oil.

Hope this helps someone. I carry spares. But when I tried to replace a leaking oil pressure switch things did not work correctly. I double checked the box and it definitely said "oil pressure" switch on the box and part number. But is was a fuel pressure switch instead.

Jerry

JAMMIN'

Profile Email