Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Fuel line size?

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 09:39

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fuel line size?
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2022 13:59 
Skipper

Yes, I can measure. But WHAT size is the fuel line on these boats? It looks like 1/4" to me, but the new Racor 500 series connections are 3/8" (and I don't see smaller Racor connectors for that unit). I guess I'll just jump to 3/8" connectors for the tank, the electric pump, the racor, the lift pump and the return line. Anyone see an issue with that? The one thing I do know is larger (slightly) is better as far as fuel flow and any pressure losses at delivery due to restrictions.

Edit: I'm going to go with a ball hand pump before the Racor. I'm leery about any pressures created by an electric pump on the new fuel lines and the ball hand pump(s) are all I have on my Cummins 6bt for bleeding that system.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Fuel line size?
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2022 08:13 
Skipper

I went with 5/16", since that seems to be what was there. Problem is/was, Hamilton Marine has no 5/16" fuel line. I added a new Racor 500fg, but had to leave that CAV water separator inline because it comes from the tank with compression fittings and then a hose barb out of the CAV. But no filter in the CAV. Makes no sense. So it's just a water drop on the way to the ball primer to the Racor.

Working feverishly, then found a crack emanating from the port forward lower. All I can figure is soft deck. Tore the head cabinets out and chainplate in under an hour and found a perfect chainplate and only a dark spot at the bottom of the knee - wicking water up from the head sink top. The rest of the knee is fine.

Profile Email