Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Heat Shield Washers, reinstalling injectors question

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 10:21

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heat Shield Washers, reinstalling injectors question
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2022 08:23 
Skipper

Northwoods tractor sent me "thick" washers, my injector molester guys gave me "thinner" washers and neither comports with the size of the washers taken out of either of my W50's, which all match. The latter are slightly larger in diameter and in between the other two in thickness. Comments? I might have four used ones I'd deign to throw back in if they aren't too scarred up.

The injector guy says don't worry. 12 ft. lbs. of torque and the crush washers will crush and the thickness of the heat shield washer doesn't matter because of the type of injectors (tips) these are. He had no crush washers, never has since their use is rare, so I called Cindy at NW Tractor. Also got new glow plugs coming.

So dummy misreads the torque and reads the setting for the "injector nozzle" and starts to lay on 50 ft. lbs for the injector nuts on the first injector. Didn't get there. Luckily I have a spare engine and managed to pull the needed two new injector studs (which I galled up) to get back to zero. Dummy. Hurrying too much. I hope that heat shield is still good.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Heat Shield Washers, reinstalling injectors question
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2022 14:02 
Skipper

I re-used the old ones and crossed my fingers while installing. They looked pretty . . . O.K. They're just heat shield washers anyway. All went together nicely. Working on fuel system, electrical.

Profile Email