Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Oil Pressure Switch W50

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 12:20

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oil Pressure Switch W50
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2019 14:25 
Skipper

My oil pressure switch had a terminal come off at some point. I believe it was from before I purchased the boat because the alarm doesn't go off as soon as you start the engine. I ordered a replacement and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the old switch off the engine. I think I need to remove the secondary fuel filter that is ont he engine in order to gain access. Just wanted to check on here and see if anyone has replaced this part before and if they were able to access without taking off the filter. I'm trying to prevent having to bleed the engine if i don't have to.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Oil Pressure Switch W50
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2019 19:11 
Skipper

I recall that I could reach under the secondary to access the connector on the oil pressure sensor, but it has been a while since I worked on a W50. In any case if you have to remove the secondary, be sure to turn off the fuel at the tank before removing anything in the fuel system and you should be able to bleed the system by loosening an injectors as the thing starts running-work backwards—this engine is almost self bleeding if you give the air some place to exit. I think there are You tube videos on how to do this. I am sure I put a new sensor in my W50 without removing anything—by climbing down in the lazarette to access the engine.
Ray Durkee

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Oil Pressure Switch W50
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2019 18:16 
Skipper

I was able to change this during my last oil change. When I took off the oil filter, I had a bit more room to work. I removed both the sender and the switch at the same time after struggling with trying to get the switch separated on the engine. Once they were off the engine separating them was easy along with reassembly. I now get the alarm letting me know when I don't have oil pressure at start up. It works Smile

Profile Email