Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Fuel Pressure Switch

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 11:17

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fuel Pressure Switch
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019 11:16 
Midshipman

This is a job I should have tended to a few years ago. Hindsight. Diesel is leaking from the fuel pressure switch. Trying to decide if I should just replace the switch (I have a spare) or get rid of the switch entirely and rewire to a keyed ignition switch. Of course access is very tight. And it looks to me that I might have to take the entire assembly off to just get the switch off. That or find some special tool that would get at the pump switch. My question is this. The pressure switch itself mounts on a small block or "adapter" with 3 different openings. One is for switch, one for a bleed screw, and one for a hex head that actually mounts the assembly to the pump body. My thinking is to remove the entire assembly and just plug where it was mounted. And if need be that plug could serve as a bleed point. I believe some of you have done this job? Advice?

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Fuel Pressure Switch
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019 21:50 
Skipper

After replacing mine once or twice (the replacement does not lastl as long as the original) I plugged the hole and wired a key switch into the circuit.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 01 May 2019 06:23 
Midshipman

Thanks. When you plugged the hole was it where the switch itself screws in? Or did you remove the entire mounting assembly and plug the hole on the pump itself? My guess is it shouldn’t matter but just want to be sure.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 01 May 2019 19:02 
Skipper

I just plugged the hole for the pressure switch and connected the leads to an on/off toggle switch at the engine control panel.

Odyssey #191
Home Port: Osterville, MA

Profile Email