Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - High Pressure Pump Leak Fix Info

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 08:58

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: High Pressure Pump Leak Fix Info
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018 13:02 
Skipper

Hello all, I've been chasing nuisance leaks from where the injector lines come out of the high pressure pump for a while. Specifically the two that you get to by laying under the sink on the bottom of the pump. I was about to give up and hire a mechanic when I noticed that the diesel leak was originating from between the "box" off the pump that the throttle and engine stop cable/mechanisms attach to. The injector line connections had been leaking too, but apparently I had fixed them already and was misdiagnosing that the fuel was still coming from them since they are right next to this "box" and diesel would run over to them and drip off.

Anyways, 2 bolts hold this "box" onto the assembly and when I tightened them, the leak was fixed. Awesome feeling by the way!

So, for anyone else with a similar situation, don't give up before trying that simple fix first.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: High Pressure Pump Leak Fix Info
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018 16:17 
Skipper

Awesome. Congrats on finding and fixing the leak.

I replaced the timing cover on my engine a few months ago and need to chase down some oil leaks from the pan. Always good to see other people get some wins

Profile Email