Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Who's also using Active Captain and EboatCards?

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 18:19

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who's also using Active Captain and EboatCards?
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2013 08:53 
Skipper

I am signed up with Active Captain and have been for a couple of years. I've made enough comments on there to get the hat. I like ours better, tho. But AC has started a second website called EBoatCards. Your Active Captain login gets you into the website. EboatCards is more of a social medium for boaters. In fact, the backbone is Facebook but it is separate from Facebook and it's ads. There are groups being created everyday like "Gunkholers" and "Cruising Cuisine". I've joined the "Tartan" owners group but it is very dead. Only one member. Crying or Very sad

Yeah, I know. Just what we all need. Another time sucking website. User

Subservient to no man except SWMBO
Any day without dock lines is a GOOD day!

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Who's also using Active Captain and EboatCards?
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2013 07:30 
Grinder

We find it a valuable resource for cruising in general, but specifically for traveling the ICW and the Bahamas. It provides user comments on marinas and anchorages as well as potential hazards (obstructions, shoaling, etc). The one potential problem with using it while you cruise is that you have to be connected to the internet. This obstacle is solvable (at least on the IPAD) by using PolarviewMX (or Navimatics Charts&Tides) which downloads a copy of the Active Captain database so that you can examine the data offline. The database can be refreshed when ever you can connect to the internet.

T37 #31
Abraxas

Profile Email