Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - So Karma does work. Even for me. LOL

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 27 Apr 2024 03:17

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So Karma does work. Even for me. LOL
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2013 10:12 
Skipper

Impetuous came with a symmetrical spinnaker and I have flown it a couple of times. HOWEVER, the Admiral dislikes me going forward and manhandling the pole while we are sailing in any slop at all, much less when out at sea. So she kept talking about buying an asymmetrical spinnaker later on once we had the boat in better shape.

Well, our slip neighbor is leaving at the end of the month for the southern Caribbean. And he says he has a spinnaker that's too small for his MacGregor 65 and would we like to buy it from him? Nah, we already have a symmetrical spinnaker right now. No, this one's an asym. OK, we'll look it over.

So we get it out and lay it on the dock. AND IT'S HUGE!!!!!! Plus it has an ATN sock over it so it's ready to go. I'm looking at it and getting disappointed as it looks way to big to fly from my masthead but the guy insists. So we hoist it up with a short tack line and a dock line for the clew and it fills and fills and fills. But it is nearly the perfect size for our boat. The only flaw on the whole sail is the "Spuds McKenzie" icon in the middle. I'm a Shiner Bock kinda guy, anyway. Cheers

OK, the Admiral is happy so let's talk money. Mind you, I JUST this weekend priced a new asym at www.sailboatowners.com for our boat. They are on sale right now. Sail is $1700+ and the ATN sock is $400+ which I thought was a good price. But now, I am the proud owner of an asym for only $500 total. Being nice to people really helps. Even people who sometimes irritate the heck out of you. Because they just might have a bargain for you. Toast

Subservient to no man except SWMBO
Any day without dock lines is a GOOD day!

Profile Email