Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - SOLD:Xantrex Linklite Battery Monitor and Cable for sale

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 27 Apr 2024 17:54

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOLD:Xantrex Linklite Battery Monitor and Cable for sale
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012 18:33 
Skipper

I have a brand new, in the box, Xantrex Linklite Battery Monitor. This is the unit that will tell you how much of your battery bank you have left and how much is going in or coming out of it. I have one in my boat and love it for the peace of mind of knowing where I am with amp hours. I thought that I blew mine up when I crossed a lead and bought a new one, but did not need it as all that was wrong was a fuse blown. I also have a long hank (maybe 18 feet, I only used about 6 feet of it) of the six lead color coded wire that makes installation much much easier (its quite an easy install) and replaces your voltmeter and ammeter if you have one. As you undoubtedly know, these are not very helpful in understanding where you are with your batteries, but the Linklite gives you all that information too. You can get the Linklite for $210 if you shop carefully on line and the cable is another $100 (it will save you a lot of time in the install). I will sell both for $150 and coach your install process if you like. I really do not want to go on Ebay with this.

Ray

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Xantrex Linklite Battery Monitor and Cable for sale
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2012 10:08 
Skipper

As always, my timing is piss poor for this deal! This spring, I bought a Link Pro and installed it already, but I would have been ecstatic to have bought yours for $150....I still can't fathom why Xantrex want soooooo much $$$ for that cable???? When I saw the price of it and what it is....it still mystifies me.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012 06:00 
Skipper

jvoexlen--you sent me a message about wanting to buy this, but--for some reason--I was not able to get my response to go through. Send me your information and I will get it in the mail.

Ray

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012 14:50 
Skipper

I just installed Linklite after my lightning strike. Wish I could of gotten your's and save some money. I do like the Linklite, wish the digits were larger. My old APC unit was very nice and easy to read.

Hull #208, Puff Card
Southern Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012 15:00 
Skipper

Ray-

Sent you an email directly.

Thanks.

Jim

Odyssey #191
Home Port: Osterville, MA

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012 14:07 
Skipper

It is gone. Get one if you ever wondered about your batteries. There is no other way I am aware of to get an idea of where you are with usage. Voltmeters and ammeters are virtually useless. You probably do not need the Linklite Pro, the regular one does just about the same thing. If you are still using a starting battery, I suggest you leave this out of your calculations and system. Nigel Calder recommends scrapping the starting battery and I agree with him.

Ray

Profile Email