Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - 1980 Tartan 37C for sale in New Bern, NC

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 27 Apr 2024 01:03

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1980 Tartan 37C for sale in New Bern, NC
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 09:18 
Midshipman

Sadly, my wife and I made the painful decision to list our Tartan for sale. I was seriously considering retiring, but was just selected for some additional schooling. The school comes with possible overseas orders, so I am out of the game for the next 4-5 years.

Regardless, we bought Kiwi in October 2010 and started doing a lot of work. New bottom paint (Petit Trinidad), new Lowrance HDS-8, reupholstered cushions, all teak refinished, new starter battery, new house bank battery (3), new battery charger, new Standard Horizon VHF (with DSC linked into Lowrance), 40' new anchor chain, 200' new 3 strand rode, new Raycor fuel filter, new raw water strainer, all fluids/filters/belts just replaced, just repaired some soft coring on the port side, and so on (too much work to list and too painful to remember everything I've already done). I can give a lot more details to those seriously interested, but let's just say I've poured a lot of money into her. I put the old chartplotter and VHF radio at the Nav Station to serve as backups, and did a victory lap around the boat yard when I got the head working again (involved a Y Valve replacement...painful story). The sale includes the West Marine inflatable dinghy and Mercury outboard.

I recognize I am going to lose money on this sale, but I will not go lower than what I owe. I am looking to sell her for $50k. I have the report of survey we had done before we bought her available for review (priced under assessed hull value). I will not hide anything and will answer all questions 100% honestly. This has been a great forum for me, so I want to pay it forward. I will not list her with a broker, but will send all the pictures you want and meet you at the boat for a personal viewing.

Please contact me at scott.conway93@gmail.com. I hope someone knows someone who is looking for a flagship blue hulled classic beauty.

Attachments:
Out of the Boat Yard 134.JPG
Out of the Boat Yard 134.JPG [ 3.07 MB | Viewed 0 times ]

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: 1980 Tartan 37C for sale in New Bern, NC
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011 21:10 
Skipper

She's gorgeous in blue! So sad you have to sell her. Good luck.

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2012 14:31 
Midshipman

Hey Scott! Kiwi is a great looking boat and the new owner is a lucky person.

I'm sorry to hear about the sale but wish you all the best in the future.

Baxter.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012 14:11 
Skipper

I know how sad you must be. It was heartbreaking to see the look on Betty Lou's original owner when we left the dock with her the first day we owned her.

Seems like a steal at $50k. A quick search on Yachtworld.com shows 11 T37s for sale. Only two are priced less that 50k, and the rest range between a high of $76k and a low of $55k. With all the recent work I think you could get a better price for her. Of course, given the state of the economy, your boat may sell where the others may not.

St. Helens, OR
Betty Lou's Blog

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012 10:42 
Midshipman

I would definitely be losing money on the deal, but like you said the hope is that she sells when others do not. If I don't get my price, I keep my boat (somewhere...somehow). I've spent the last 2 weeks twisted, contorted, and upside down replacing the fresh water lines. If anyone is curious, it takes 144 feet of 1/2" hose and 35 feet of 1 1/2' hose for the fill lines. But...THAT WORK IS ALREADY DONE FOR YOU!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2012 18:34 
Midshipman

Kiwi is off the market...we are keeping her! I will be moving her up the Intracoastal/Chesapeake/Potomac to James Creek Marina in August. Has anyone done this run?

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2013 08:58 
Rail Meat

We just purchased Kiwi from Scott and very happy to be the new owners. The boat will stay in Oriental with plans to cruise in a few years. Will be renamed to "metta" in the very near future.

Cheers,
--Charlie

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2013 13:02 
Skipper

Congratulations!
She is striking with the blue hull. Maybe that's why Tartan produces mostly dark hulls these days??

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2013 08:34 
Skipper

becketbend wrote:
We just purchased Kiwi from Scott and very happy to be the new owners. The boat will stay in Oriental with plans to cruise in a few years. Will be renamed to "metta" in the very near future.

Cheers,
--Charlie

Congrats, I'm glad the website and forum were included in the sale! Welcome. Cheers

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email