Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Westerbeke Parts for Sale

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 15:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Westerbeke Parts for Sale
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009 15:13 
Skipper

I have leftover parts for a W-50. Most of these are new in the box. I am selling them for much less than half of what I bought them for. I have repowered my T37 with a Yanmar or would certainly keep these. I am attaching a file. I have photographs of them. I will probably put them on Ebay as it seems to get more traffic, but I would rather someone on this site have them. I am having trouble attaching a list.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Westerbeke Parts for Sale
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009 21:21 
Skipper

Am I missing the file or did you? Smile I Might be interested.

Hull #358 "Windgeist"
Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009 07:33 
Rail Meat

Greetings! Can you list the parts and prices? Also, where are you located (for shipping purposes). If easier, you could email me directly at Thomas.Klin@ch2m.com or fax me at 860-767-1029. One item I'm particularly interested in is an oil cooler - which I have to replace now because I'm seeing signs of water intrusion. Thanks. Tom

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009 09:44 
Skipper

Here is my list:
Westerbeke 50 Parts for Sale
All these parts were backups for a two year trip I took with my Tartan 37 through Central America. I am selling them because I have replaced my Westerbeke engine. All these prices are less than half of what I paid for the parts. I would strongly recommend that, if you have a good functioning Westerbeke that you make sure to keep the exhaust elbow clean. I had almost 5000 hours on my engine and it was still running when I replaced it.
Shipping will be added and is the actual cost of getting the stuff to you.
1. Fresh water pump?New in the box with gasket $125
2. Saltwater pump? New in the box. This is the Sherwood model and not the Jabsco model. I understand that about half the W-50?s have each type. $150
3. Fuel pump?New in the box lift pump and gasket for installation. $125
4. 90 Amp M Alternator?New, unused. This fits the bracket of the Westerbeke 50. Great backup or replacement for your stock 55 amp. $60
5. Sea Water strainer by Vetus?has ?? hose inlet and outlet. This is an easy thing to install and will make it possible for your to keep junk out of your engine and clean the filter easily. I bought a larger one that is otherwise identical for my new engine. $10
6. Thermostat this is a 180 degree special thermostat that has a hole in it as required. Do not put just any 180 thermostat in your Westerbeke 50. $7
7. End Cap for Heat Exchanger- This is used, but in good shape- $10. You should take this apart regularly. I will include a bunch of pencil zincs that actually fit both the engine and oil heat exchangers.
8. Racor 500 filter with 4 replacement filters. If you already have one you know how important these are. With two of them you can actually have a backup system or polish your own fuel. $50 (the elements are worth more than that).
9. Spare injector?used but was working when it came out: $10
10. Primary filter?new in box. I recall having a hard time finding this filter for and Perkins has raised prices. $6
If someone is considering a sizeable cruise at any time, I would recommend you buy the whole thing. Although the W-50 is good engine, getting parts for it is getting more difficult and expensive.

Let me know soon as I am moving.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2009 05:48 
Skipper

Hi,

I'm interested in :

Hi I'm interested in:

Fuel pump
90 Amp M Alternator
Thermostat
End Cap for Heat Exchanger
Racor 500 filter with 4 replacement filters
Spare injector
Primary filter

Please check your email ....

Mike
PH 270 796 8656

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009 09:46 
Skipper

Apology:

For those of you who might have tried to get hold of me, I neglected to change my email address on my profile until yesterday, so any message that you sent me did not reach me. Things should work correctly now.

Ray Durkee

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010 18:03 
Skipper

I have sent an email, I look forward to your response.

Hull #358 "Windgeist"
Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010 23:01 
Skipper

All the parts are gone now.

Profile Email