Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Westerbeke W33 For Sale

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 07:05

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Westerbeke W33 For Sale
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2009 21:06 
Rail Meat

I have a Westerbeke W33 with Hurth gear that I removed from my 1983 T37. The engine runs but should be rebuilt before installing it as it was using quite a bit of oil. I also have many new spare parts, filter, hoses, water pumps, belts. The control panel is the optional panel with all the gauges and there is a 100 amp alt. The engine is in Florida. I also have a Raritan water heater with heat exchanger and a older style Parker Racor fuel filter that I removed.

The exterior of the engine is in overall good condition with minimal rust. Repowered the boat to go crusing. I can send pictures if desired.

$500.00 gets it all. There is probably close to that in spare parts.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Westerbeke W33 For Sale
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010 06:55 
Able Bodied Seaman

Hi - Notices you posting. My experience with the W33 leads me to believe that the piston heads in that engine crack - Westerbeke has been giving some support to repair them. That was the case with my W33 - began to smoke - 3 pistons were cracked - had them replaced and Westerbeke contributed $3000 to the fix. I would be interested in the spare parts if they are still available. Where in Florida are they located? Byron Higgins

Profile Email