Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Reminder! (Caution: Click at your own risk.)

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 04:51

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reminder! (Caution: Click at your own risk.)
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2012 11:02 
Skipper

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Reminder!
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2012 17:57 
Skipper

OK. If this is the direction this is going I am going to resign from the Tartan group. We probably should expect this from Republicans would have so little judgement that they would bring politics into a group like ours. Do we have a moderator to deal with this stuff?

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2012 19:19 
Skipper

Agreed, plus some of us are Canadians and don't care about US
Politics Smile

Richard

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2012 05:35 
Skipper

Maybe the original poster is a dissatisfied democrat or perhaps a Canadian with an interest in the future of their neighbor to the south?

Profile Email  

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2012 09:56 
Skipper

Velera wrote:
OK. If this is the direction this is going I am going to resign from the Tartan group.
We probably should expect this from Republicans would have so little judgement that they would bring politics into a group like ours.
Do we have a moderator to deal with this stuff?

Wow... sorry but that's a pretty infantile response to a gag post. So of the possible responses...
- Shake your head and ignore it.
- State that you disagree.
- Stop reading the Off Topic section.
- Alt-F4 closes the window... Offending post all gone!
- Stop coming to the forum but without the manufactured outrage and drama.

Instead you choose to threaten to leave the forum. Hmmm... that's mature. And it doesn't ring true at all. We end up at the top of most T37 google searches so in a pinch, you'd be here leeching off the wisdom and experience of the group. So what you're saying is that because you disagree with one post of one member, you're ready to stop contributing to a discussion on boats. If you prefer solar and someone else here prefers a gen set, would you leave for that too?

This section is called "Off Topic" for a reason. If you're oh so offended, skip the drama and just stop showing up.
I have many friends that are as left as they come and they actually embrace humor, discussion, debate, and opinion from all sides. They have a sense of humor and a thing called tolerance of thought. Heck, I watch the Daily Show and laugh my ass off! And the mean thing with disparaging half the country... I've seen that stuff on the right, but not often and I avoid those folks. Yes... all Republicans have poor judgement. I'll make sure I call the founder of the forum and the guy who pays for it out of his own pocket, and ask him to come "Deal with this stuff". But wait... you have a 50% chance that he's got poor judgement too! He may be Republican!!!!! Eeeek!

It's one post of 4378 posts... get over it.

P.S. I envy the Canadians!

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Reminder! (Caution: Click at your own risk.)
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2012 18:14 
Skipper

Unfortunately, politics is like religion..........people are so very strong in their beliefs that they have a hard time taking things "with a grain of salt".

I am an independent and vote for the best person of the lot and don't typically espouse my political opinions but can laugh equally at both sides Moon

Profile Email