Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Boat Show/ Tartan 4000

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 10:43

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boat Show/ Tartan 4000
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011 13:17 
Skipper

So, How many of you went to Annapolis this past weekend to check out the new Tartans? Which one made you drool?
I thought the new T-4000 was interesting, but had a few things about her that seemed awkward....like the height of the coach roof was pretty high to see over when at the helm thus reducing visibility ( we get spoiled with our T-37 in that regard). Also, the cockpit was really wide and bracing your feet when heeled relied on tiny slots in the cockpit sole or bracing against the table that they removed for the show, so I don't know how that would have been. The V-berth seemd tight where you head needs to be if you are sleeping with your partner side by side.
I really like the 4300, but at those prices.......it may be awhile. The 3700 is a nice layout and I am sure is a fine boat, but not enough of an upgrade to trade in my T-37 ....besides, mine's paid for Cheers

Last edited by Tortuga's Lie on 17 Nov 2011 06:52, edited 1 time in total

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Boat Show/ Tartan 4000
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2011 08:19 
Midshipman

Tortuga's Lie wrote:
So, How many of you went to Annapolis this past weekend to check out the new Tartans? Which one made you drool?
I thought the new T-4000 was interesting, but had a few things about her that seemed awkward....like the height of the coach roof was pretty high to see over when at the helm thus reducing visibility ( we get spoiled with our T-37 in that regard). Also, the cockpit was really wide and bracing your feet when heeled relied on tiny slots in the cockpit sole or bracing against the table that they removed for the show, so I don't know how that would have been. The V-berth seemd tight where you head needs to be if you are sleeping with your partner side by side.
I really like the 4300, but at those prices.......it may be awhile. The 3700 is a nice layout and I am sure is a fine boat, but not enough of na upgrade to trade in my T-37 ....besides, mine's paid for Cheers

I agree with you on the 4000. Also, with the price of the 4000 I'm not inclined to sell my T37. My wife and I really liked the 4300 as it seemed well thought out, plenty of room and looked great... but I'll have to keep saving for quite a while to afford it.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Boat Show/ Tartan 4000
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011 00:34 
Skipper

In ten years those 4300s should be looking pretty tasty. Haven't seen the 4000 but the 4300 was the first post-S&S era Tartan that sings to me. Give it dual helm and I'm sold. Looking forward to maybe seeing the 4000 in Strictly Sail this year.

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email