Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/tartan37.com/httpdocs/t37forum/common.php on line 88 Tartan37.com • View topic - Annapolis Show

Tartan37.com

Tartan 37 Owner's Forum - Ride the wind, but look good doing it!
The time is 28 Mar 2024 17:56

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Annapolis Show
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2008 13:36 
Skipper

For those that were not able to make it to Annapolis or even Newport to see the brand-spankin' new Tartan 5300, you missed seeing a work of art. She is a beauty and seems to have a lot of fore-thought in a great live-aboard. She's also very pricey at 1.2 million and with the way our mutual funds have been tanking, I guess it'll be awhile before I'll be placing my order. Very Happy
I really did not see too many boat that I would trade for, maybe the Cabo Rico 42, Shannon 43 or the Gozzard 44, but the prices of all new boats really makes our classic T-37 a great value when it comes right down to it. If we are able to buy an "average" T-37 for around 50-60k and put 20k in upgrades, we now have a very capable boat for a fraction of what a new Tartan 3700 or even a 3400 would cost, so keep those classic Tartans up and enjoy sailing knowing you saved big bucks!
Cheers
Cheers, Tom

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Annapolis Show
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008 09:01 
Skipper

I too went aboard the 5300, nice boat, one area I did not care for was the galley arangement for a boat of its size, the best galley I saw on a boat of similar size was the Outbound 52. I also dont get why they leave the screw exposed in the sole, but otherwise a nice boat...but at $1,000,000.00 + I wont have to worry about it Chuckle

Hull #358 "Windgeist"
Chesapeake Bay

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Annapolis Show
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 08:05 
Skipper

I'm hoping they bring one to Strictly Sail next year but that's bigger than what they usually have. I'm sure it's excellent. Judging from the 4300 they've really turned a corner in design. The 4300 was the first Tartan that I'd consider trading HighFlight for. Never really liked the layout of the 3700s.

Tartan

SMMO/First Mate aboard High Flight #299
1981 - Full Keel - Furling Main (A boat for the lazy crew...)

Profile Email